Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The BEGINNING of Law School

The first couple weeks of Chuck's law school career were filled with updates that capture the essence of Chuck; his skewed sense of reality, his self pity, and his establishment that what he is doing is tough and important. Here they are...



Chuck Update - 8/19/08 - 11:10am
Chuck is starting law school tomorrow!



Chuck Update - 8/20/08 - 2:09am
Chuck is a lawyer! sort of.


My thoughts
Chuck is REALLY jumping the gun here. However, what's really shocking about this update is that it was posted at 2:09am. I suppose that Chuck's anxiety about law school was preventing him from sleeping so he decided to get out of bed, at 2:09am, and show everyone on facebook that he was both a lawyer and a comedian. SORT OF! Haha, I get it Chuck, you're not actually a lawyer yet.



Chuck Update - 8/20/08 - 9:20am
Chuck is LAW SCHOOL BABY!

My thoughts
I, along with all of Chuck's friends, was so relieved when I read this update. WHEW! 7 hours and 11 minutes before this update, when Chuck said he was a lawyer, I was so confused as to what he meant! Now that I know that "Chuck is Law School Baby" the world makes sense again. Thanks Chuck, you're always there for me.



Chuck Update - 8/22/08 - 7:08pm
Chuck is trying to develop good habits early. its hard.


Chuck Update - 8/23/08 - 5:49pm
Chuck is reading contracts. im on page 6. ive been at it all day.

My thoughts
This is a CLASSIC first year law student post. It transcends Chuck (yes, it's possible). This update is clearly meant to garner sympathy from Chuck's friends because of how EXCRUCIATING it is to read law school textbooks when you're first starting out. The subtext to this update you ask? Well it's clearly Chuck's devotion......."I will read until I'm done, even if it takes all day! Do you see my devotion? You see it RIGHT!?!"



Chuck Update - 8/23/08 - 10:00pm
Chuck my power went out and i dropped my phone, apparantly sending texts i did not write to everyone in my phonebook... if that was you disregard.


My thoughts
You could almost say that this update is off topic, but I find it quite curious anyway. First off, the power going out made Chuck drop his phone? Questionable. I've been in a lot of rooms with a lot of people when the power has gone out and I've never seen anyone lose motor function because of it. Then, apparently, while the phone was laying on the ground, it managed to start a new text message, include everyone in Chuck's phonebook, and then type out some sort of message? I'm not buying it. Did Chuck use his phone to mop the floor once he dropped it? NO. Here's what really happened. Chuck was pissed off about how slow his Contracts reading assignment was going earlier in the day, so he closed his book and sat down with a nice bottle of White Zinfandel. 5 glasses later Chuck drunk texted a girl that he had just met at law school that day and said, "Hey Mona, it's Chuck from law school baby! Anyways, I just wanted you to know that I'm going to be a lawyer someday and that I'm in love with you." When he realized that he might have gone too far with that text, he posted this update to slyly cover his ass. Too bad I CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU CHUCK.



Chuck Update - 8/24/08 - 1:13pm
Chuck is studying, because thats what law students do.

My thoughts
This one is too painful to think about it. Get over yourself Chuck.



Chuck Update - 8/25/08 - 5:25pm
Chuck was watching the peoples court, and the judge quoted the UCC implied warranty of merchantability. go law school!

My thoughts
Chuck should have had me write this post for him, it would have said, "HEY! HEY! HEY! All my friends that aren't in law school listen up! You guys don't know what the UCC Implied Warranty of Merchantability is do you? Well I do! I'm in law school remember?!?"



Chuck Update - 8/28/08 - 8:01pm
Chuck needs this weekend to hurry up.



Chuck Update - 8/30/08 - 4:33pm
Chuck SURVIVED WEEK ONE OF LAW SCHOOL.

My thoughts
No way! I lost a huge bet on this one. I thought there was no way Chuck would make it through the first week. The first week is always so intense, you're not sure who to sit next to in class, sometimes you can't find the right classroom, and you definitely don't want to get called on and make a bad first impression in front of your classmates......it's a NIGHTMARE! Other hurdles include the fact that you are a mere speck in a sea of 200 students, on the first day of class your professors go over their syllabi, and you also don't have any tests, quizzes, or assignments due. Obviously only the best and brightest people (and well trained apes) could ever survive it. Studies have shown that 90% of people that drop out of law school do so in their first week. However, scholars tend to disagree about what is harder, the first week of law school, or Navy Seals BUDs training. Regardless, we're proud of you Chuck: you're a brave, intelligent, amazing mother fucker.




On a sidenote, the Saved by the Bell episode where the gang decides to sell friendship bracelets was on today, and the Blurb about the show read:

"Friendship loses when friends compete against friends to sell tokens of friendship."

No comments:

Post a Comment