Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Chuck: Contradictor, Rebel, Comedy Provider, Nature Lover

Chuck Update - 9/28/08 - 12:19pm
Chuck http://www.hulu.com/watch/36863/saturday-night-live-couric--palin-open.

My thoughts
A link to that skit from SNL where Tina Fey does a killer impression of Sarah Palin, AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting this link on this lovely MONDAY AFTERNOON Chuck! However, wildly enough, I happen to have seen it already. Can you believe that shit? You see, I communicate often with my pen pal in Namibia and I received a letter from him in the mail on Monday morning which contained the link to this video, so I guess he beat you to the punch......but just barely! Even though this video shot through the internet like wildfire, I'm sure you were enjoying some "random drunkenness" and didn't learn about it until today. Thanks for the effort Chuck, the tortoise always beats the hare!



Chuck Update - 9/30/08 - 4:29pm
Chuck is fighting the blues.



Chuck Update - 10/03/08 - 12:37am
Chuck is sick of school, but cant be depressed when its fall in this beautiful town!

1 Comment from Chuck's Friends at 12:47am
This town must have a very different effect on you than me. I couldn't say, however, how it might affect the reasonably prudent person.

My thoughts
The reasonably prudent person!?! Bravo commenter. As you've clearly figured out, legal jokes are HILARIOUS. Well, they're either hilarious or a thinly veiled attempt to show off your limited legal knowledge. Obviously this commenter has been learning a great deal under the tutelage of Master Chuck. Regardless, I don't know why law students think its socially acceptable to make these types of tenuous connections between what they've learned in school and their every day conversations and observations. Last year I watched the season finale of the Bachelor with 4 med students (I know I know, but they were all girls.....). Anyways, when the Bachelor was about to put the engagement ring on Sarah's finger, NONE of the med students turned to me and said, "I can't believe the Bachelor is about to put that engagement ring on Sarah's second metacarpal on her left manus! She'll be able to feel it because of her median nerve, but I bet her nerves are way above the median! HEY-OHHHH!"



Chuck Update - 10/03/08 - 6:34pm
Chuck is LAW SCHOOL BOOZE CRUISE!



Chuck Update - 10/04/08 - 9:14pm
Chuck is staying in to watch sports and read contracts :(.

1 Comment from Chuck's Friends - 11:34pm
chuck you don't watch sports. come on.

Chuck's response at 11:36pm
... i was flipping between the cubs and titanic

My thoughts
Chuck. BUDDY. Come on. You're slipping! It took you TWO WHOLE MINUTES to respond to your friend's comment. I will assume that your delay in responding was caused by the fact that you were flipping between Titanic, the Notebook, AND "The Cubs: the Beginning of the Berenstein Bears." I think that the reason the Chuck System is so impressive is because of how he dedicates one of his fingers to clicking "Refresh" on his browser at all times, so as not to miss any changes on facebook. I'm also blown away by the amazing amount of self contradiction Chuck can fit into two sentences. He was flipping between a baseball game and a movie, while supposedly reading contracts? DOUBTFUL. Everyone knows that you can't read contracts while watching Titanic or a Cubs game because of the tears that well up in your eyes. As always, Chuck should have had me write this update for him, and it would have said, "Chuck is soaking in his bathtub while watching Titanic, and his water is warmer than the water Jack and Rose are in! Oops, I just got bubbles on my keyboard!"



Chuck Update - 10/05/08 - 11:31pm
Chuck is watching a special about dolphins instead of outlining, and made the right choice :).


My thoughts
"Dolphins? DOLPHINS! No he dih-int!"............I'm SURE that's what Chuck thought his friends would be thinking when they read this update. You see, Chuck wants to be respected for studying hard, but he also makes it quite clear that he has a wild, unpredictable side and you never know what he might do next. Sorry Chuck, but it's all too transparent! I'm just waiting until you take it to the next level with your updates with something like, "Chuck just pooped. DAMNIT. I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes. I should have done some torting while I was in there."
On another note, the smugness of the smiley face at the end of Chuck's update made me throw up a little.







2 comments:

  1. good call on that smiley face. i missed it the first time i read it, but i went back after reading your thoughts and i immediately started looking for the sharpest object near me.

    that's the beauty of chuck's posts. Just when you think you've exhausted all the reasons to become violent, chuck slips in another reason.

    Fuck you Chuck...I am obsessed with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is the best thing I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete